You want to talk quality long-lasting vehicles?
Nothing speaks to quality long-lasting vehicles more than the story of Joe and his 1990 Honda Accord. Joe drives an average of 62,500 miles a year… that’s not a typo, it’s not a misquote, it’s the truth. For the last 14 years he’s been a claims adjuster in Maine, and he’s crossed Maine many, many, many times.
Want to know the secret to getting more miles out of your vehicle? Here’s how Joe did it:
- read and follow the owner’s manual and maintenance schedule to the letter
- check fluids often (Joe did it weekly) switch fluids seasonally (10w-30 in summer & 5w-30 in winter), he also changed them every 5,000 miles… he never let it get below a quart and used the same brand each time
- never let the fuel get into the E zone
- used only Honda air, oil and fuel filters
- never rode hard on the brakes and changed their fluid every few years
- he also replaced the fuel pump, both cooling fans and the radiator twice
- last but not least… Joe gave his Accord a lot of TLC
Joe used to work as an automotive technician for 18 years, which helped him to reach such a milestone, but let’s not forget that Honda has a reputation of building durable, reliable vehicles.
Joe has taken more than 661 photos of his odometer… “A Million Miles in 45 Seconds”
Yesterday, Honda hosted a surprise parade in Saco, Maine, to celebrate Joe’s amazing accomplishment. The parade interrupted a brief press conference where Joe was scheduled to receive an oversized key to a new 2012 Honda Accord from Ms. Maine, Ashley Marble.
Way to go Joe!