The 2012 Honda Odyssey has received the 2012 MotorWeek Drivers’ Choice Award for Best Minivan. This is the sixth time the Odyssey has garnered the Drivers’ Choice Award from MotorWeek, with Honda’s benchmark minivan having won the award in back-to-back years in 1999/2000, 2005/2006 and now 2011/2012. MotorWeek looks at the factors mattering most to consumers – price, practicality, performance and fuel efficiency – when selecting the winner.
“When it comes to vacationing with lots of family and friends, and carrying all their belongings, we can’t think of a more comfortable way to do it than in the Honda Odyssey. And that’s why it’s back again this year as our Best Minivan. Despite a new Nissan Quest and revamped Chrysler vans, we still prefer the Odyssey’s extra smooth ride, Accord-like handling, and cavernous cabin. But most of all, we love its class leading 28-MPG Highway fuel economy rating.” says MotorWeek.
Here are some of the facts: (visit us to learn more)
- Transmission: 5-Speed Automatic / 6-Speed Automatic
- Engine: 3.5L, V6, 24-valve SOHC i-VTEC, 248-hp, 250 lbs/ft of torque,
- Length/weight: 202.9 inches / 4337 – 4560 lbs
- Wheelbase: 118.1 inches
- EPA fuel economy: 18 city / 27 highway / 21 combined (5 speed), 19 city / 28 highway / 22 combined (6 speed)
- Cargo capacity: 38.4 cubic feet (behind the 3rd row)
Stop by Autopark Honda, take an Odyssey out for a test drive and see what all the fuss is about.